By Mikkel Hyldebrandt
Photos courtesy of Amazon
You’ve probably planned out your costume(s) for Halloween already, but is your pet in on the fun? There are so many options to dress your pet up in a cute costume, but be mindful of your pet’s comfort, so you don’t get them spooked. Here are some dos and don’ts when it comes to Halloween costumes for pets.
- …. choose a costume that makes your pet comfortable – if
- … pick a costume that fits your pet well
- … keep your pet on a leash while in costume.
- … try out your pet’s costume before the big day to make sure they’re comfortable.
- … force your pet to wear a costume
- … take your pet trick or treating, as it can be very stressful.
- … take off collars and ID tags even though they’re in costume.
- … leave your pets unattended in costume
- … pick a costume with lots of loose parts, like buttons that can chewed off and swallowed